I have just submitted my last critical review for a class – the LAST one. In stead of having such a feeling of relief, I feel like I’m losing something. So strange! I feel kind of sad too… So this class is going to the end and I will miss it and … my instructor too. I really think I did learn something more valuable from this undergrad class than other classes, even those grad ones. Especially I keep thinking about what my instructor wrote to me as his comments to my critical reviews. I copied it here so that I will have a chance to look at it again when I get back to work for a multinational.
“I am sure you are also working with people who lack the talent that you do, Ngoc. How many of your colleagues think an MBA will be access to higher paying jobs and better company positions? How many of them actually possess the skills and talent to bring something unique and better to those positions?”
“Make sure that while you are working for multinational corporations that you remain critical of them. They do serve an important function in our world, but this does not mean that the people who work for them should allow the company to take on a life of its own. It is very much made of the sum of its parts (workers). We just need to be better agents in the system. I hope, if anything, this is what you got out of my class.”
Definitely! I got what you mean. I have reasons to believe that I will become such a “better agent in the system.” You can count on me, my instructor. Thank you and good bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment